Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Greetings from Utah!

I'm back online!

I'm in Utah this week on a trip with my husband and parents, and today is the first time I've had the chance to get online (I'm borrowing someone else's computer). The trip has been grueling because we've been all over the state, including Salt Lake City, Park City, Delta, Topaz, and Zion National Park. Fortunately, I haven't had to drive and have been able to sleep a lot between cities. I'll talk about why I'm in Utah in another post.

I'm still tired all the time, but I haven't had any sort of crash...yet. My energy seems to be holding up, but I'm being cautiously optimistic. I'm taking lots of naps, and I'm not walking around and exploring nearly as much as my husband and dad are doing. My mom's been great keeping me company when hubby and dad wander off.

I'm glad that I was able to get a glutathione IV (for my CFIDS) and a Glyceron Plus shot (also for CFIDS) right before we left for this trip. I think they helped bolster my energy levels a bit.

And now a random story from my trip:

A funny thing happened at a McDonald's in Delta, Utah (population: 3,209). We met THE Ronald McDonald clown -- the actual one who is in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade every year (or so he says). Apparently, this guy travels the country making special appearances at schools and other educational venues throughout the country...and, of course, he also visits local McDonald's.

You can see Mr. McDonald himself in the photo above with my husband, Kenny.

No comments: