Thursday, November 12, 2009

Georgetown CFS Study: Day 2

Disclaimer: Today is November 14. I actually wrote this post on Thursday, November 12, but was not able to upload it to my blog because of lack of internet access. I am retroactively uploading it under the correct date.

I’ve got an IV inserted at the bend of my right wrist, so I’m having to type everything with my left hand. (I’m right handed…)

Today started at 4am with the insertion of an IV port and more blood tests, and cheek swabs for DNA testing. I had another round of pain tests, and the rest of the time was prepping and waiting for the lumbar puncture.

The lumbar puncture itself went fine. It wasn’t exactly my idea of a good time, but I did not feel any pain from the actual procedure. Ironically, it’s the stuff they use to numb the area that hurts the most!

Kenny and I are now resting peacefully (napping and watching lots of TV, not necessarily in that order). They've given us medication to help with sleep, so I'm falling asleep now.

That’s all for now!

Today's Activities: research guinea pig (at Georgetown). Today's Most Annoying Symptoms: mild headache, mild nausea, exhaustion, dull pain in back at site of lumbar puncture.

Mood (10 is best): 7
Energy (10 is best): 4 (after my naps)
Physical Discomfort (10 is worst): 5

No comments: