Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Lost Weekend

I can't believe it's already Sunday afternoon. CFIDS has stolen another one of my weekends.

I slept all day Saturday, only getting out of bed to shower and eat. Today is a little better because I've got slightly more energy and have been able to watch a little TV and chat with my husband, Kenny.

I'm hoping I'll feel better by next weekend because I'd really like to go out on a date with Kenny. Going out to eat or going to the theater to see a movie are about the only kinds of dates I can tolerate because I can sit the entire date (though even movies are sometimes too much to handle because of their volume and because I have to focus to follow the plot). Everything else takes up too much energy.

I can't wait to get well.

Today's Activities: home. Today's Symptoms: exhaustion, mild headache, moderate cramping (due to menstruation), profuse sweating; active eczema on right ankle.

Mood (10 is best): 5
Energy (10 is best): 3...but yesterday was a 2
Physical Discomfort (10 is worst): 6

2 comments:

Sue Jackson said...

Hi, Alyson -

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog last week.

This is the first time I've visited your blog, but I plan to follow it from now on. Your story - like most stories of CFS - is fascinating. It's amazing and wonderful that you're able to work full-time, but I'm sorry to hear that work takes up most of your energy.

My husband and I rarely go out, either. It's just so much easier to watch a DVD lying on the couch at home! We are enjoying some time out this week, while our kids are away with their grandparents.

I noticed you said you were menstruating this week - that always makes my CFS symptoms much worse. I hope you're feeling a bit better by now. I look forward to reading more...

Sue

alyson said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Sue!

I haven't always been able to work full time, so I appreciate every day that I am able to do my job. Because we don't know what the future holds, we live frugally (creating an emergency savings and aggressively saving for our retirement) knowing that my not being able to work again is a real possibility.

My husband and I have spent many hours watching DVD's while lying on the couch. Netflix is wonderful!