Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Now What?! (Part III)

A little while back, the place I work had a wellness day and gave everyone free cholesterol, triglyceride, and blood sugar tests. I have perfect LDL, HDL, and total cholesterol levels, and my blood sugar level is perfect, too. It's really nice to have something right with my body.

My problem is with my triglycerides level. It's high.

Though I had my tests done in the morning without having had breakfast, it is possible that the food I ate the previous day was still floating around in my system and affected the results. The results could also have been high because of my general lack of physical activity (I think this is the most plausible reason). Or it was all just a fluke.

My next course of action is to get my triglyceride levels re-tested because all this excitement could be for nothing. I've got an appointment with my internal medicine doctor scheduled for early July. When I know what's going on, I'll write about it in a post.

No comments: