Friday, June 5, 2009

An Off Day

Today is what I call an "off day." It's my lunch break, and I feel terrible. My head hurts, the lymph nodes in my neck are hurting, my body feels achy, and all I want to do right now is sleep. Walking from my desk to the copy machine feels like running a marathon, and having conversations with my colleagues is exhausting. My brain is processing things exceptionally slowly, and I'm having trouble concentrating. I'm trying to get a report done for Monday, but I'm not making much progress. The funny thing is that I'm still in a good mood.

While I never really feel that great physically, it's days like this that remind me how bad my CFIDS can get. It's my body's way of telling me to slow down. Today is certainly not the worst day I've had (on those days I can't even come in to work, and when my CFIDS was at its worst I couldn't work at all), but it's definitely not one of the best. I'm hoping today is just an off day and that I'll feel better tomorrow. When I feel like this I never know if it's a one-day thing or if I'll be out of commission for a while. I suppose only time will tell.

No comments: